You read that right — it’s been nearly a year since our 2021 Global Game Jam and we’re gearing up for 2022. We’d say “time flies” but is time even real anymore?
Our sign up page is live and jammers can sign up right now! We will be updating often as we unlock announcements regarding judges, workshops, prizes and more. Sign up now – you won’t want to miss out this year.
For Your ConsiderationPlaycrafting has been a site organizer since 2016! Our site has been the biggest in North America and the second-largest in the world for six years, with a community of over 750 jammers!
This year, to accommodate those who celebrate the Lunar New Year holiday, GGJ is extending its 2022 event window from January 20th-30th, 2022, to allow different pages the opportunity to accommodate local preference.
What this means for you:Playcraftings official Game Jam dates will operate from January 27th-30th, 2022Playcrafting opening stream will be on Wednesday, January 26th, 2022Playcrafting closing stream will be on February 2nd, 2022Jammers can sign up and submit on the Playcrafting page up until the 30thThe theme will be revealed globally prior to the start of the jam on the official GGJ Twitch: twitch.tv/globalgamejam.
Our GGJ 2022 channels are live on Discord! Find other Jammers to work with, get updates, resources + tools, and ask for help!
Much More to Come!
In the weeks ahead, we’ll be announcing all the exclusives that have helped make our site so big, approachable, and special for the last 6 years, including:
- FREE WORKSHOPS – Level up your skills. Previous workshops have included Game Design, Getting Started in Unity, Unreal Engine, Audio Design, and AR Design.
- JUDGES – Get your games seen by big industry experts! Previous judges have included top game journalists, world-renowned game designers, and some of the biggest streamers in the game.
- PRIZES – Win big in our categories honoring the top games, special features, and great teams. Previous prizes have included game consoles, development software, games, gift cards, and even one-of-a-kind meet-and-greets with top game makers. Last year’s top team had a virtual lunch with the makers of Among Us!
Happy To Help
- Join our Discord if you have any questions or want to meet other jammers/developers, just like you! Our 2022 channels are live!
- Follow us on Twitter for updates and insight on projects, game jams and opportunities
- Fill out our Developer Intake Form to be considered for future paid opportunities
- Email our Developer Relations Manager if you have pressing questions
We’d like to thank Sam Moore (UglyInk) for designing our fantastic Game Jam poster. Sam is an incredible artist, and we’re thankful that he was able to lend his talent to our 2022 Global Game Jam. Check out more of Sams work on his Instagram and Etsy!